The primary objective of this workshop is the presentation and discussion of the design, implementation, computational evaluation, and application of parallel algorithms in modern high-performance computing (HPC) environments for solving problems in business-oriented fields, including management science, operations research, data analytics, business administration, and economics.
The workshop program will comprise invited presentations and contributed presentations, see Call for Papers below.
The following speakers have confirmed to given an invited presentation at the workshop:
- Prof. Dr. Christian Plessl (Paderborn University): Welcome Address
- Prof. Dr. Kevin Tierney (Uni Bielefeld): Neural Large Neighborhood Search for Vehicle Routing Problems
- Dr. Utz-Uwe Haus (Cray EMEA Research Labs): High Performance Computing at the Edge of Business
- Prof. Dr. Lars Mönch (FernUni Hagen): Experimental Environment for Semiconductor Supply Chain Planning Based on Distributed Computing Techniques
- Dr. rer.pol Wilmjakob Herlyn (Ostfalia – Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaften): The Concept of the 'Digital Control Twin' - impacts on the functioning mode and performance requirements of future ERP-Systems
- Frank Devai PhD (London South Bank University, Hungarian Academy of Sciences): Amdahl's law and the Gordon Bell Prize
- Prof. Dr. Eyke Hüllermeier (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München): Automated Machine Learnung: Algorithm Selection/Configuration
You can see the timetable here: Timetable
Call for Papers
We invite submissions related to solving computationally intensive and business-oriented problems in a broad range of application fields, including (but not limited to) transportation, traffic, logistics, production, finance, marketing, energy, health, and social networks.
Please, send your all inquiries, submissions (title and abstract with a maximum length of 400 words), and registrations to hpbc2021(at)campus.uni-paderborn(dot)de.
You can register here: https://events.uni-paderborn.de/e/hpbc2021
Submission of abstracts: 28 May, 2021
Notification of acceptance: 04 June, 2021
Deadline for registration: 18 June, 2021
The workshop will be held digitally.
Prof. Dr. Guido Schryen (Paderborn University)
Prof. Dr. Christian Plessl (Paderborn University)
Prof. Dr. Oliver Müller (Paderborn University)
Prof. Dr. Natalia Kliewer (Freie Universität Berlin)
Prof. Dr. Ralf Borndörfer (Zuse Institute Berlin)