On October 14 and 15, 2019, a course on code optimization with Cray tools will be held at the Paderborn Center for Parallel Computing (PC²).
Date: Octobert 14 and 15, 2019
Time: 9:00 - approx. 18:00 (lunch break from approx. 12-13:30)
Location: user center of PC² in Building N room N2.216
Registration: web form
The course is held by an expert from Cray.
Topics covered on this course include:
- Introduction to the Cray compiler environment (CCE) and Cray performance analysis tools (PAT)
- Cray Perftools
- performance analysis with Cray tools applied to
- simple examples like stencil codes
- and real-world codes (CP2K, Quantum Espresso, MaxwellsCPU3D (DGTD))
- This will include an hands-on on the cluster systems of PC².
- The couse assumes:
- basic knowledge of the Linux shell. We provide a short online selftest. In case you have no experience with Linux, we recommend that you attend our next Linux Introduction Course
- basic knowledge of workload managers (esp. Slurm) and jobscripts. We provide a short online selftest. In case you have no experience with workload manager on clusters, we recommend that you attend our next HPC Introduction Course.
- The language of the course is planned to be English.
- For the hands-on part of the course the participants should bring their own laptops. No special operating system is required. You can participate with Windows, MacOS or some Linux-distribution. Please make sure that the wireless connection of your laptop works (for example with eduroam). In case you don't have access to eduroam, we provide a an additional wireless network during the course.
To register for the course please use our web form. This course will be free of cost.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.