Date: One day course on February 18, 2020
Time: 9:00 - approx. 18:00 (lunch break from approx. 12-13:30)
Location: user center of PC² in Building O room O2.267 (Pohlweg 51, 33098 Paderborn)
Registration: web form
Topics covered on this course include:
- CPU and cluster architecture (pinning, topologies, ...)
- high-performance libraries and compilers
- profiling, debugging and leak detection
- parallel file system tuning
- scaling analysis
- Software container
This will include an hands-on on the cluster systems of PC².
- The couse assumes:
- basic knowledge of the Linux shell. We provide a short online selftest. In case you have no experience with Linux, we recommend that you attend our next Linux Introduction Course
- basic knowledge of workload managers (esp. Slurm) and jobscripts. We provide a short online selftest. In case you have no experience with workload manager on clusters, we recommend that you attend our next HPC Introduction Course.
- The language of the course is planned to be English. If you don't feel comfortable enough with English we can make this course also in German at a later date upon request.
- For the hands-on part of the course the participants should bring their own laptops. No special operating system is required. You can participate with Windows, MacOS or some Linux-distribution. Please make sure that the wireless connection of your laptop works (for example with eduroam). In case you don't have access to eduroam, we provide a an additional wireless network during the course.
To register for the course please use our web form. This course will be free of cost.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at pc2-support(at)uni-paderborn(dot)de.