Date: Half-day course on January 21, 2020
Time: 14:00 - approx. 18:00
Location: user center of PC² in Building O room O2.267 (Pohlweg 51, 33098 Paderborn)
Registration: web form
Topics covered on this afternoon include:
- computational resources (CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs) available from Paderborn Center for Parallel Computing (PC²)
- How to apply for computational resources.
- How to access the computational resources and run scientific programs.
This course will include an hands-on on the cluster systems of PC².
- The course assumes a basic knowledge of the Linux shell. We provide a short online selftest. In case you have no experience with Linux, we recommend that you attend our next Linux Introduction Course.
- The language of the course is planned to be English. If you don't feel comfortable enough with English we can make this course also in German at a later date upon request.
- For the hands-on part of the course the participants should bring their own laptops. No special operating system is required. You can participate with Windows, MacOS or some Linux-distribution. Please make sure that the wireless connection of your laptop works (for example with eduroam). In case you don't have access to eduroam, we provide a an additional wireless network during the course.
To register for the course please use our web form. This course will be free of cost.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at pc2-support(at)uni-paderborn(dot)de.