Now Open: Call for Proposals 2020-1
Next call: Call for Proposals 2020-2 (preliminary)
Small projects (up to 2 Mio. core-hours) and test projects (maximal 30 days) can be submitted at any time and are continously evaluated.
Who can access the HPC systems operated by PC²?
The HPC Systems operated by PC² can be accessed by local and remote users:
- Employees of Paderborn University and the Campus OWL university alliance (Bielefeld University, FH Bielefeld - University of Applied Sciences, Hochschule Ostwestfalen-Lippe - University of Applied Sciences, Hochschule Hamm/Lippstadt - and Hochschule für Musik Detmold) can use our HPC systems for publicly funded research projects and educational purposes free of charge. An appropriate amount of resources will be assigned after a review of an application for computing resources.
- Students of Paderborn University and the Campus OWL university alliance can access our HPC systems for their studies free of charge and with a restricted set of resources after a simplified application for computing resources. If required for lectures or projects, the student’s supervisor can apply for a higher computing resource budget by submitting a regular application for computing resources.
- Scientists of other German research and teaching institutions can use the HPC systems after an approval of an application for computing resources.
- Scientists of research and teaching institutions worldwide can be granted access to selected HPC systems in the context of a research collaboration with PC², e.g., for evaluating novel hard and software technologies. Interested parties are advised to send an informal inquiry to pc2-support(at)uni-paderborn(dot)de before submitting a formal application to discuss about the possibilities.
- Commercial use outside a collaborative research project is only possible in selected circumstances. Interested parties are invited to send an inquiry to pc2-support(at)uni-paderborn(dot)de
Citizens of countries that are subject to the export control policy of the German Federal Government may need additional authorization from the German Federal Office for Economic Affairs and Export Control (BAFA) before they are allowed to use our HPC systems.
Application for computing resources
Application Forms and Templates